1938 Rolex Prince Eaton 1/4 Century Club 14k Gold Doctors Watch

  • Sale
  • Regular price $7,995.00

Please contact us if you are interested in this product.


Absolutely gorgeous 1938 Art Deco Rolex "Prince" Quarter Century Club wristwatch presented in 1941 to commemorate 25 years of continuous service to the Eaton Co department store of Canada.  This chronometer grade solid 14k gold wristwatch was a true symbol of stature on the wrist and a fitting token of appreciation from employer to employee for 25 years of commitment to their company. 25 CONTINUOUS YEARS....just think about that for a minute.  The hourglass shape of the case with neatly inset crown has long been a favorite of mine, as well as the gorgeous design of the two tone Art Deco dial with blue steel hands.  Inside we find the brilliant Rolex (produced by Aegler) caliber 300 manual wind movement with the most accurate delineation of Ultra-Prima stamped on the ratchet wheel.  Only the top 10%, most precise movements, tested after assembly received this delineation (Prima and Extra-Prima split the other 90% of movements).  This timepiece is infused with a wonderful sense of history, well deserved by from years of service by the recipient on the back and crafted to the highest standards in every way. A truly stunning timepiece in every sense of the word.

Circa: 1941

Style: Art Deco

Case:  Solid 14k gold rectangular shape case with curved hourglass sides and an inset original signed crown.  Measures 24mm wide at the tips of the lugs and 42mm long with a curved shape to fit the wrist.  Lovely condition throughout, lightly polished over its history with light swirling from normal wear.  Hand engraved on the back with the recipients name and dates of service.  Stamped inside Rolex, 31 Victories, De Haute Precision, Geneve, Suisse, 0.585-14K with model number 1490 and serial number dating the manufacture to approximately 1938.  Comes on a beautiful 20mm deep brown genuine lizard strap with gold plated replica Rolex tang buckle.

Dial: Stunning factory original two-tone Art Deco style dial signed Eaton, 1/4 Century Club.  Time is displayed in the upper half with sub seconds in the lower.  The black printing is slightly raised from the background with almost an enamel-like glossy finish.  Gorgeous!

Movement:  Chronometer grade Rolex/Aegler caliber 300 manual wind movement signed Rolex Chronometer, Timed 6 Positions, 18 Rubies, Swiss Made, Ultra-Prima.  Freshly serviced by our watchmaker and in excellent working condition.